Required Piece: Chopin Nocturne, Opus 48, No. 1
Audition Recording Requirements (names of selected pieces on disc case)
Three identical CDs (approximately 15 minutes in duration) should include:
1. Required Piece, above.
2. One piece of your own selection from a different period and style.
Semi-Finals Requirements (performance time approx. 20 minutes)
Changes to repertoire may be made IN WRITING through November 9 by mail, E-mail or fax.
- 1. A late baroque work of Bach, Scarlatti, or Cimarrosa
- 2. A classical sonata (Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, Schubert, etc.)
- 3. Required piece, above
- 4. Another romantic work, in addition to the Required Piece (any romantic composer, including another Chopin piece)
- 5. An impressionist work, e.g. Debussy, Ravel, Griffes, etc.
- 6. A contemporary work
You will be notified in mid-October of your acceptance/rejection, or as soon as possible. PLEASE DO NOT CALL US ABOUT THIS. Those accepted will receive performance time assignments later. Semi-finals are free and open to the public